Money-Saving Tips for RVers
Don’t let steep fuel prices squelch your travel plans. With a little advance planning, you can travel smarter and still enjoy your RV travel to the fullest.
Despite high prices at the pump, RV travel is still one of the most cost-effective and enjoyable ways to travel. The biggest advantage? You can easily control your travel budget. Here are some simple ways to cut costs on travel:
- Join Good Sam Club and enjoy valuable member benefits and discounts.
- Spend less time driving and more time enjoying. According to the RVIA, 52% of RV owners plan on spending more time at campgrounds (or in one place) and 45% will reduce the distances they travel this season. Take advantage of destinations that offer plenty of activities your family enjoys.
- Keep your tires properly inflated.
- Use the air-conditioner sparingly. When the air-conditioner is running, it puts an extra load on the engine, increasing fuel consumption.
- Avoid long idles. If you plan on being stopped for more than one minute, shut off the car. Restarting the car uses less fuel than letting it idle for this time.
- Keep the latest edition of the Trailer Life Directory in your rig so you can quickly locate campgrounds and attractions offering a discount to Good Sam members.
- Protect your RV and your family while on the road with Good Sam Emergency Road Service