Take Time to Prepare for Safe and Fun Pet Travel
Before you travel with your pet, check with your veterinarian to make sure your pet is physically able to make the trip. Some senior or physically impaired dogs and cats do not travel well. You may want to consider a local, reputable kennel for your pet, or if your pet is would be more comfortable at home, you may want to contact a pet sitting organization to locate a pet sitter in your area who can take care of your pet in its own, familiar surroundings. Follow these pet travel tips that may make your trip with your pet more enjoyable:
- Make sure your pet’s vaccinations are current.
- Bring along a portable kennel when staying in a hotel room or in the homes of friends and relatives.
- If you leave your pet alone in a hotel room, be sure to put the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door so housekeepers will not knock on the door. It’s a good idea to inform the hotel lobby clerks that you are leaving your pet in the room while you’re away.
- Take along items that are familiar, such as favorite pet toys, food, and pet travel bowls and feeders.
- Properly identify your pet with a collar tag or microchip.
- Your pet will feel more comfortable before the trip if you take the time to bathe, brush and groom him.
Also, check out our Destination Guides, Road Trips and Vacation Packages under the Destination Finder dropdown menu in the navigation header at the top of any of our website pages or the links beneath the flights, hotels and cars search forms. These are great features with tons of information and choices to make traveling fun and easy!
Destination Guides provides you with all kinds of information about cities, states and countries all over the world. Find out about places of interest, where to eat, when to go, local culture, history and much more. Our Road Trips allow you to discover new places to visit between one and six hours from the zip code you enter. You can even select the direction you wish to go to narrow the results. Vacation Packages are designed to book flight, hotel and car or flight and hotel or hotel and car packages from more than 1500 destinations. Use all of these tools to help you find the best vacation and travel deals!
Exclusive, Toll-Free Customer Care Number for Reservations
If you prefer to make your reservations by phone or need to inquire about one you made with us by phone or online, please use our new, toll-free Customer Care telephone numbers. In the US and Canada, the number is 1-800-646-7957. In Europe, the number is 00-800-11-20-11-40. Please note that these numbers are for travel other than vacation packages. Vacation packages must be booked online.