Shipping & Returns Policy
Product Shipping Charges
*(Contiguous United States only)
Please see below for additional shipping information.
|Order Value||Shipping Charge|
|$ 0.01 – $ 20.00||$ 6.95|
|$ 20.01 – $ 30.00||$ 8.95|
|$ 30.01 – $ 40.00||$ 9.95|
|$ 40.01 – $ 60.00||$ 10.95|
|$ 60.01 – $ 75.00||$ 12.95|
|$ 75.01 – $ 100.00||$ 14.95|
|$ 100.01 – $ 150.00||$ 16.95|
|$ 150.01 – $ 200.00||$ 18.95|
|$ 200.01 – $ 300.00||$ 19.95|
|$ 300.01 – $ 400.00||$ 21.95|
|$ 400.01 – $ 500.00||$ 23.95|
|$ 500.01 – $ 900.00||$ 25.95|
Where We Currently Ship
At this time, PetTravelCenter.com ships to residential and commercial addresses in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. We primarily ship via United Parcel Service (UPS), Federal Express (FedEx) and the United States Postal Service (USPS). We may use an alternate delivery service, depending on the circumstances.
Additionally, we are able to ship some — not all — of our products internationally. Because of the size and weight of some items, it simply isn’t feasible for customers outside of the contiguous United States to pay expensive shipping rates for certain items. Some manufacturers and distributors that ship for us directly also do not provide international shipping services. We require that orders we ship outside of the United States be purchased via the PayPal payment option.
NOTE: Please be aware that international customers are responsible for any and all VAT or Customs Duty charges collected by local government agencies on parcels shipped by us or on our behalf. PetTravelCenter.com is not responsible for those fees or charges.
Orders being delivered to Alaska and Hawaii (and other destinations outside of the contiguous United States) require additional shipping charges than our standard rates for orders within the contiguous United States, and may be sent via USPS Priority Mail or other shipping or mailing services. Customers ordering from Alaska and Hawaii and international destinations will be notified via email of total shipping charges before we process your order and will have the option to continue with or cancel your order. Customers will see the standard shipping charge for contiguous U.S. addresses appear in the shopping cart, their onscreen order confirmation, and their order confirmation email; however, you will be notified via a subsequent, follow-up email what the difference in shipping charge will be for those areas outside of the contiguous U.S. An electronic invoice will be sent to you, via PayPal, from which you can pay to cover the additional shipping charge. Once paid, your order will be processed right away.
Oversize Shipping Charges
Some bulkier and larger products we sell, such as the Petmate Sky Kennel and the Vari-Kennel Ultra, among others, are considered oversize by UPS and require additional shipping charges. Some of these shipping charges can be substantial, as they require a larger transfer truck to transport them. If a product you order falls within this requirement, we will notify you by email at the address you provided when you placed your order. We will let you know what the additional shipping charges will be and, at that time, you can decide whether to continue with the order. If so, you will need to provide PetTravelCenter.com with your credit card payment information or make the additional payment via PayPal, as we do not store this information for your privacy and protection.
No P.O. Boxes
UPS and FedEx cannot ship to Post Office Boxes. To avoid shipping delays, please verify that you enter a physical shipping address before you submit your order.
Methods of Payment
We accept credit cards and PayPal as online payment options for purchases made on PetTravelCenter.com. You may charge your order using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express require Internet stores to obtain the security code for all cards that have a code printed on them. In order for your order transaction to be accepted and processed at PetTravelCenter.com, you must enter this code if it’s printed on your card. This is done for your protection.
Visa, Mastercard and Discover Users
Flip your card over and look at the signature box. You should see either the entire 16-digit credit card number or just the last four digits followed by a special 3-digit code. This 3-digit code is your Card Security Code.
American Express Credit Card Users
Look for the 4-digit code printed on the front of your card just above and to the right of your main credit card number. This 4-digit code is your Card Security Code.
Free Shipping Offers
Occasionally, PetTravelCenter.com may offer free shipping on selected merchandise or for special promotions. “Free Shipping” offers are limited to the 48 contiguous United States.
Order Processing and Delivery
- PetTravelCenter.com strives to process all orders within 48 hours of when your order and payment are received. Many times, orders are processed the same day they are received. Depending on distance of shipment from the distribution center, actual delivery time may take two to seven business days within the contiguous United States.
- An email confirmation will be sent to you once your order is approved. Once your order ships, a second email will be sent to you.
- For orders being shipped via UPS or FedEx, you will be sent a tracking number in your email notification to track your order’s shipping progress and expected delivery date. Orders shipped via USPS cannot be tracked, although we will send you the delivery confirmation number in the second email.
- Delivery times may vary, depending on distribution center location, product availability, etc.
- We process orders seven days a week, except for certain holidays.
- You will be notified via email if an item is backordered and the expected shipping and delivery information. You can then let us know if you wish to wait for the order, cancel it, or make another selection.
- To send your order as quickly and as safely as possible, we may ship items from the same order in separate boxes. You will not be charged additional shipping in this event.
Returns and Exchanges
At PetTravelCenter.com, we try to provide our customers with detailed product information, regarding descriptions, sizing, color choices, etc. Please pay attention to sizing recommendations and measure your pet accordingly to avoid return shipping and restocking charges.
In the event you need to return an item because of receiving the wrong product, size or color, please email us a detailed explanation of the situation at customerservice@PetTravelCenter.com and we will instruct you how and where to return your item. Please include your name, address, phone number, email address, and Customer ID/Order Number so we can correspond with you appropriately.
DO NOT SEND your item back to us without a Return Authorization (RA) number and instructions.
Please note the following regarding returned merchandise:
- Only unused merchandise in its original condition will be accepted. No used merchandise will be accepted for refund or credit. Products returned with obvious wear, pet hair or soiling will be deemed used and not returnable to stock. Therefore, they will not be eligible for refund or credit.
- Merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. For collars, harnesses, and other products that require to be fitted to your pet, leave all tags intact on the product until fitted properly.
- Returns must be received at the instructed return destination within 30 days of date purchased.
- Shipping charges are not refundable unless a wrong item, color or size was shipped by our mistake.
- Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. (If an item was shipped free of charge by us, and a credit is due, we will issue credit for the item minus the actual shipping cost to send the item to you). You must provide PetTravelCenter.com with a tracking number for merchandise being returned. We cannot be responsible for lost, misdirected or undelivered products.
- Toys and treats are not returnable.
- Items returned to our inventory will be charged a 15 percent restocking fee.
Credits for orders returned to us or to the original shipper because of customer refusal of receipt will be issued after inspection. Credit will only be for actual merchandise minus a 15 percent restocking fee. Shipping charges are not refundable.